Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to activate Facetime??

Hi! I need some help on how to activate my Facetime, I have iPhone XS Max and this is from Dubai, my uncle bought it from Dubai. I’ve searched on YouTube on how to activate Facetime I tried them and it is not working. Please help me because I want to use Facetime with my friends. When I go to settings there should be a “Facetime” right? well mine, don’t have. So how can I activate it? Thank you for your help!!

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 2:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 2:03 AM

You can use FaceTime over Wi-Fi1 or over cellular on supported iOS or iPadOS devices2. FaceTime isn’t available or might not appear on devices purchased or used in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Pakistan. 

However, with iOS 11.3 and later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Saudi Arabia. And with iOS 12.4 or later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Pakistan. 

Update your device to get FaceTime in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 2:03 AM in response to m_princess_

You can use FaceTime over Wi-Fi1 or over cellular on supported iOS or iPadOS devices2. FaceTime isn’t available or might not appear on devices purchased or used in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Pakistan. 

However, with iOS 11.3 and later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Saudi Arabia. And with iOS 12.4 or later, FaceTime is available on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in Pakistan. 

Update your device to get FaceTime in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.

Apr 21, 2020 2:47 AM in response to m_princess_

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime

To use iMessage or FaceTime, you need to activate them on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you see an error message during activation, follow these steps.

When activating iMessage or FaceTime, you might see one of these messages:

• Waiting for activation
  • Activation unsuccessful
  • An error occurred during activation
  • Could not sign in, please check your network connection
  • Unable to contact the iMessage server. Try again.

Check your device settings

1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network. If you're using an iPhone, you need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this SMS.
  2. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set correctly.

Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device:
  1. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

Still not activated after a day?

It might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime. If the issue continues after 24 hours, follow these steps:

1. Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. If you're using an iPhone, contact your carrier to make sure that you can send and receive SMS messages.
  3. If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles make sure you can send and receive international SMS.
  4. Contact Apple Support.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201422

aleshina

How to activate Facetime??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.