Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod shuffle not recognised

Hi, I have an old iPod shuffle (model A1204) and is not recognised by the PC nor iTunes. I've triad the several steps mentioned here (updating iTunes, ran device diagnostics, trying another computer, checking the device manager - doesnt appear). Any other idea?

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 5:47 AM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2020 3:32 PM in response to Flogobo

Hello, Flogobo.

I understand that your iPod Shuffle isn’t being recognized by iTunes on your PC. I want to help you get back to your content.

The Apple Support article you worked through was a great place to start. Trying on another computer was an excellent isolation step. With your iPod not being detected on this other computer, there may be an issue with the iPod itself. One thing I did want to know is if you were able to try with an alternate cable.

I would also recommend that you delete iTunes and reinstall it.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later

If removing and reinstalling doesn't do the trick, based on the troubleshooting steps you have already performed, I would go ahead and contact Apple Support for service options.

I hope this helps.

Be Well.

Ipod shuffle not recognised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.