Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two-factor authentican

I got my IPad when I was much much younger. It's never been an issue until now. I am constantly being asked for my Apple ID password which I don't know, I was a stupid child and made this along with all my security question complicated and forgettable, and no, I was not smart enough to write it down. I would like to have use of my iPad back, including downloading new apps etc, something that I can't do without this password. Before you think I can just reset with my email, this isn't possible as the email account linked to it was hacked about a year ago, i cannot gain access too hat ether. Somebody please help, I wouldn't even mind factory resetting at this point but even to do that it wants two factor authentication. Help me please!

iPad

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 7:24 AM

See Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974  Below is an excerpt, but read the whole document. See the bold italics below.

“Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device [see the additional information in the article].” A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 9 and later or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed into using two-factor authentication.

Account Recovery—Two-Factor Authentication

“If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. “After you request account recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access.” … When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions to immediately regain access to your Apple ID.”

Before beginning account recovery see: 

If you didn't receive your verification or reset email https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201455

“Not sure where that email was sent? Here are some tips to help you find it.”

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 7:24 AM in response to Communitesusername

See Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974  Below is an excerpt, but read the whole document. See the bold italics below.

“Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device [see the additional information in the article].” A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 9 and later or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed into using two-factor authentication.

Account Recovery—Two-Factor Authentication

“If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. “After you request account recovery, you'll get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access.” … When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions to immediately regain access to your Apple ID.”

Before beginning account recovery see: 

If you didn't receive your verification or reset email https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201455

“Not sure where that email was sent? Here are some tips to help you find it.”

Apr 21, 2020 7:34 AM in response to Communitesusername

If necessary, if you are the original owner, contact Apple ID Support. Apple Support will need to see the original purchase receipt with the serial number/paperwork. They can remove the Activation Lock.

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  (Link doesn’t always load)   

Get Support      Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

Two-factor authentican

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.