You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update data in a text box on a Numbers template from a table in another sheet

I am trying to create an invoicing model that will fill in a customer's name and address that is generated using the lookup function in a table on one sheet to fill in a text box on a template that has mixed text boxes for the address etc and tables for data. Typing = doesn't work as it seems not to be a cell but is a text box. Can anyone help with this? I have scoured the Numbers manuals online but can't find anything. I know how to do this from table to table but not to a text box that was on a template I downloaded.

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 10:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 1:32 PM

text boxes are NOT the same as a cell in a table. so you cannot do this the way you were originally thinking. You can, however, make a single-cell table then use a formula to fill the cell twith the content you want

Adjust the number of cells in the table using the Table formatter

1 reply

Update data in a text box on a Numbers template from a table in another sheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.