Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi all. Can't active Imessage and Facetime by my number?

Hi everyone,

I was using Imessage and facetime by my phone number normally. But yesterday, I cant use it by my phone number just can use by my id apple. I tried to turn off Imessage and Facetime and turn on and tick to number but can not. Can you help me this case?

Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 7:37 PM

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

If your phone number is unchecked and you can't select it, or you have some other issue, follow these steps:

Follow all steps and do not leave any out...

On your Mac:

• In Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts and select your iMessage account. Click Sign Out.
    • In FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click Sign Out.

On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod:

• Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

On your iPhone:

• Go back to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is turned on.
    • Tap Send & Receive, then choose “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” and sign in with your Apple ID.

Using the same Apple ID, sign back in to Messages and FaceTime on your other devices. 

If you still need help, change your Apple ID password and repeat the setup steps. If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

Pay close attention to the last line...⬆︎⬆︎

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 7:37 PM in response to quynh134

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

If your phone number is unchecked and you can't select it, or you have some other issue, follow these steps:

Follow all steps and do not leave any out...

On your Mac:

• In Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts and select your iMessage account. Click Sign Out.
    • In FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click Sign Out.

On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod:

• Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

On your iPhone:

• Go back to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is turned on.
    • Tap Send & Receive, then choose “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” and sign in with your Apple ID.

Using the same Apple ID, sign back in to Messages and FaceTime on your other devices. 

If you still need help, change your Apple ID password and repeat the setup steps. If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

Pay close attention to the last line...⬆︎⬆︎

Hi all. Can't active Imessage and Facetime by my number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.