Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update gmail password on iPad

I changed my gmail password on google.com. When I try to change the password in Mail on my iPad I get a dialog that says, ""Settings" Wants to use "google.com" to sign in." I select "Continue". After a short wait, I get a dialog with "accounts.google.com" in the title bar, and the text states, "Safari cannot open the page because of too many redirects occurred." Repeat and the same occurs. Delete the current gmail configured in Mail to re-setup the acount and the same occurs.

I also changed my yahoo and hotmail passwords on the iPad with no problems.

I also changed all these emails' passwords, including gmail, on my Mac and my iPhone with no problems. While the Mac does use mail, my iPhone uses Outlook for my email management.

Help?

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 10:07 AM

Did internet search on the redirect message and came up with several hits on this exact subject. Tried several suggestions to no avail. Combined the actions in the suggestions of four different posts to finally get it to work. Problem now solved.

For anyone else reading this post because you have the same problem, I suggest you do the internet search on the error message. There will be a range of suggestions. You have to work through them as I did to find the one right solution or combination of solutions.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 10:07 AM in response to Googmeister

Did internet search on the redirect message and came up with several hits on this exact subject. Tried several suggestions to no avail. Combined the actions in the suggestions of four different posts to finally get it to work. Problem now solved.

For anyone else reading this post because you have the same problem, I suggest you do the internet search on the error message. There will be a range of suggestions. You have to work through them as I did to find the one right solution or combination of solutions.

Can't update gmail password on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.