Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot change Apple Watch face from the watch application on iPhone

Hello,

I’m facing a problem with my watch, when I’m changing the face from the application it is not applying on the watch.

For example I chose one face from the application on my iPhone and applied it to be my watch face, On the iPhone I can see that the face I chose is the current pne active on my watch but actually nothing changes on the watch, it is not even added with the other faces.

Any assist please?

Thanks

Apple Watch Series 5, 6

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 6:13 PM

Hello, 7mood1294.

I understand that when you make changes to the face on your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone, the change isn’t reflected on your Apple Watch. I’m glad to help.

I feel that a quick restart to your Apple Watch should do the trick. Restart your Apple Watch.

I would also make sure that both your iPhone and Apple Watch are up-to-date.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Back up your Apple Watch

Update your Apple Watch

If, after working through these steps, you find that the changes made on the iPhone are still not carrying over to the Apple Watch, I would look at unpairing and pairing the device. While I don't think it will come to that, the instructions to do so can be found here: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 6:13 PM in response to 7mood1294

Hello, 7mood1294.

I understand that when you make changes to the face on your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone, the change isn’t reflected on your Apple Watch. I’m glad to help.

I feel that a quick restart to your Apple Watch should do the trick. Restart your Apple Watch.

I would also make sure that both your iPhone and Apple Watch are up-to-date.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Back up your Apple Watch

Update your Apple Watch

If, after working through these steps, you find that the changes made on the iPhone are still not carrying over to the Apple Watch, I would look at unpairing and pairing the device. While I don't think it will come to that, the instructions to do so can be found here: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

I hope this helps!

Be Well.

Cannot change Apple Watch face from the watch application on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.