Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with group text

I have had a group text with 9 other people for a few months. Not everyone in this group text has an iPhone. Suddenly, I am no longer getting any of the group texts and my phone won’t allow me to send messages to it. However, I am able to text each person in the group individually. I have updated my phone and restarted it and am still having this issue. Please help.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 1:06 PM

2 replies

May 10, 2020 2:23 PM in response to MadisonEssex

I’m having the same issue. We have 10 lines on our Verizon account. Half of those are iPhones and the other half are Andriod phones. Everybody on the account has newer phones with the latest updates. I’m the only one having this issue so it’s not a Verizon issue. If it were a Verizon issue everyone on my Verizon account would be having the same problem. Sometimes if I turn off SMS my group text will go through sometimes it won’t. Sometimes my group text will get sent twice. Sometimes it will go to the recipients individual text rather then the group text conversation which is really strange. There’s no rhyme or reason to it but it’s getting very frustrating. By the way the group includes only those people on my Verizon account so I can’t even send a group text to the people on my Verizon account.

Issues with group text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.