Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.4.1 Apple Music volume stopping when changing songs and/or albums

Recently updated to iOS 13.4.1 on an iPhone 8. Noticing now that in some cases the volume will stop if skipping ahead to the next song on an album, AND even worse this always happens when one album is playing and I want to change to a different album. This occurs with both downloaded and streaming music. The next song/album selected will continue to play on the device as you can see the timer moving but there is no volume output from the phone or to a BT speaker. Issue persists on WiFi and LTE. There is a "fix" albeit an incredibly annoying one. If I press "pause" and then "play" on the new song/album the volume will start to work again. This does NOT always happen when skipping through songs on the same album....it ALWAYS happens when going from one album to another or to a playlist. So pretty much any manual song/album change requires a two tap intervention on the phone ("pause"/"play") to enable the volume of the music to continue. I have tried all troubleshooting steps relative to hard resets, sign out / sign in on Apple ID, and other suggestions listed in other threads relative to volume/track skipping in iOS 13.1 (even making phone calls out and having calls come in) and nothing has resolved this. All I have accomplished is wasting a lot of time and frustration and also removing all downloaded music on my phone back to the Cloud due to the Apple ID logout/login procedure. #stinker.

Feedback is appreciated....a real fix is appreciated a WHOLE LOT MORE!

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 1:36 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 23, 2020 7:22 PM in response to RAREBUDDY

Hey there RAREBUDDY,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re experiencing issues with the volume of music changing unexpectedly since updating iOS. You’ve done some great troubleshooting so far and I’ll be happy to help.

To verify, this only happens with music? Other apps that play videos or songs don’t have this happen? 

When this occurs, if you go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics, is the volume all the way down there?

If so, based on the steps you’ve taken so far, the next step would be to back up your iPhone and reinstall iOS using the steps from these links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue continues after this, go to Settings > Music and turn off Sync Library, and delete the Music app from your iPhone. This will remove the music you’ve downloaded but this step could resolve the issue. Restart your iPhone and install Music back on. See if the issue continues. 

Restart your iPhone

If you still experience the issue, restore your iPhone to factory settings and test while in this condition. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings 

If the issue doesn’t continue there, restore your backup and test again:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Regards.

Jun 7, 2020 7:23 PM in response to RAREBUDDY

I'm having this SAME issue on macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (16" Macbook Pro). If I select a song or skip a track using the TouchPad or in Apple Music, it will sound low. I have to pause and then play the song again (in Apple Music or using the TouchPad) and the volume will return to the "proper" volume.

It's specific to Apple Music and occurs whether I am connected to my Bluetooth speakers (through Alexa) or the computer's speakers.

iOS 13.4.1 Apple Music volume stopping when changing songs and/or albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.