Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Watch AppleTV Using Web Browser on iPad2

I want to watch AppleTV on my old iPad2. The AppleTV app is not supported due to the old iOS version. So I try the web browser. I can't sign in with my Apple ID as the "Sign In" button is not responsive. Same with the country button. Not responsive too.

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 6:52 AM

I just realize what I am able to watch on browser are only content from Apple TV+, and not other Apple TV content.

I've got one year free of Apple TV+ which comes with my new iPhone 11. I have not subscribed to Apple TV in the past nor now.

I believe you can only view Apple TV+ on browser, and not Apple TV.

9 replies

Apr 22, 2020 10:05 PM in response to Tadashi

How, exactly are you watching AppleTV on a PC through a Web browser?

I am very knowlegdeable on Apple products and services and as far as I am aware, there is no way to do this on a Mac OR PC.

The only possible way is by using the full iTunes application on a Mac or PC, for playing Apple purchased or rented TV or movie content, through tunes, on any Mac or PC.

So, how are YOU managing to pull off watching content from Apple TV in a Web browser, when no one else can seem to accomplish such a feat?

Apr 23, 2020 12:57 AM in response to MichelPM

I called Apple and they said the web AppleTV only works on device compatible with the AppleTV app. If the app is not supported, nor will the web.

I wonder if a device supports the app, why would anyone watch on browser on the same device?

So, I believe it is not really a technical limitation on the browser. They just want you to buy newer device.

Not sure why it doesn't work on your iPad Pro.

On my iPhone 11, if I open the URL using Safari, it will automatically switch to the app. If I open with Chrome instead, no problem.

Unable to Watch AppleTV Using Web Browser on iPad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.