Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain Access not responsive on MacOS Catalina

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Catalina my KeychainAccess is just not responsive. It opens, but starts loading constantly, making it unresponsive and stuck. It cannot be used, and I have to force quit it. I wouldn't like having to reset my Default Keychains because it will delete all my stored data which I can't afford.

I searched and found no similar problems on forums. Anyone else having this?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 11:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 10:37 AM

Hello Flick037,

I understand Keychain Access is taking a long time to load on your Mac. I'd like to see if I can help you get it working like you expect it to.

Quitting the app was a good first step. Next try restarting your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off. Reset the SMC if Keychain Access still isn't loading after you restart: How to reset the SMC of your Mac. This type of reset can help address system performance issues and it wont erase any data on your Mac. Respond back if you continue to experience the same thing. Let me know if this issue occurs with any apps other then Keychain Access too.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 10:37 AM in response to Flick037

Hello Flick037,

I understand Keychain Access is taking a long time to load on your Mac. I'd like to see if I can help you get it working like you expect it to.

Quitting the app was a good first step. Next try restarting your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off. Reset the SMC if Keychain Access still isn't loading after you restart: How to reset the SMC of your Mac. This type of reset can help address system performance issues and it wont erase any data on your Mac. Respond back if you continue to experience the same thing. Let me know if this issue occurs with any apps other then Keychain Access too.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

May 21, 2020 4:36 PM in response to Flick037

UPDATE:

Few days after SMC restart things got back to chaos. Safari blocked every time it stumbles upon some autofill form as well.

After hours of research, I decided to create a new Keychain, make it default and delete old one with all my passwords from previous 6 years.

I solved the issue the hard way very disappointed :(

Keychain Access not responsive on MacOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.