Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data

Quick question, when i go to my iPhone storage i have almost no storage left, but when i get to iCloud storage it says that i still have tons left? how can i back everything up and clear the iPhone storage ?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 9:44 AM

It isn't possible to clear everything on the phone and have the data only on iCloud. The following discusses both iPhone and iCloud storage. Note that the major thing that may help with your iPhone storage is the Optimize Storage option in iCloud Photos. See the "Free up space on your device" section of: About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 9:44 AM in response to anahi_1

It isn't possible to clear everything on the phone and have the data only on iCloud. The following discusses both iPhone and iCloud storage. Note that the major thing that may help with your iPhone storage is the Optimize Storage option in iCloud Photos. See the "Free up space on your device" section of: About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.