Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I able to log into my iPad under my personal Apple ID and still be able to access the installed school apps under my school Apple ID?

Am I able to log into my iPad under my personal Apple ID and still be able to access the school apps I have logged into under my personal school Apple ID?

I have an iPad this year (2020) I use for school before I fully bought into the Apple ecosystem. The iPad has a different Apple ID than my MacBook Pro 16 inch and iPhone 11. I would like to option of experimenting with Sidecar if possible.

iPad Air (6th generation)

model number: MR7F2LL/A

software version: 13.4.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 10:09 AM

You can only be logged-in to iCloud with a single AppleID at any one time. You can log-out of iCloud and log-in again using a different AppleID, however, for unmanaged devices (i.e, not centrally managed by an Educational or Business environment), you’ll not be able to return to the original AppleID for 90-days.

As such, assuming the iPad (declared as your own) is not centrally managed, if access to your School resources are predicated upon you being logged-in to iCloud with a specific AppleID that isn’t yours, you’ll likely run into problems.

I hope this clarification is helpful.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 10:09 AM in response to apple_sead

You can only be logged-in to iCloud with a single AppleID at any one time. You can log-out of iCloud and log-in again using a different AppleID, however, for unmanaged devices (i.e, not centrally managed by an Educational or Business environment), you’ll not be able to return to the original AppleID for 90-days.

As such, assuming the iPad (declared as your own) is not centrally managed, if access to your School resources are predicated upon you being logged-in to iCloud with a specific AppleID that isn’t yours, you’ll likely run into problems.

I hope this clarification is helpful.

Am I able to log into my iPad under my personal Apple ID and still be able to access the installed school apps under my school Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.