Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage in group message, one person not receiving iMessages & outgoing sent individually

This was posted years ago but this is happening on an iPhone 8 Plus running 13.4.1 new iPhones. One person in the group was always getting the group iMessage and then it stopped. When they send a message at the top it says outgoing, the message sends but it only sends to everyone individually not in the group.

She is not getting any of the iMessages from the group.

Note one of the 7 people are on an Android device, everyone else is on a new iPhone running 13.4 but that isn't the person having the problem. It's the iPhone 8 Plus person.

I have tried rebooting, reseting, disabing iMessage. Nothing works. Logging out of Apple ID on their phone etc. Any thoughts

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 4:02 AM

Thank you for your response. It was a total operator error. The first question I asked her over the phone was MMS turned on in her setting and she said Yes. I had her go back and check the setting again after I got your message about MMS and asked her to take a screen shot of the settings and they were off. By turning on MMS which in turn group messaging came on everything worked. Thank You

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 4:02 AM in response to razmee209

Thank you for your response. It was a total operator error. The first question I asked her over the phone was MMS turned on in her setting and she said Yes. I had her go back and check the setting again after I got your message about MMS and asked her to take a screen shot of the settings and they were off. By turning on MMS which in turn group messaging came on everything worked. Thank You

iMessage in group message, one person not receiving iMessages & outgoing sent individually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.