Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update really outdated mac software?

I have an old MacbookAir that I have had for many years. I have been bad about updating the operating system. Now, many programs are able to run on it. It is currently using OS X 10.9.5. I have tried many ways to update, but every update I seem to update needs another update before it and I cant find all of the OS updates I need. Please help!! Do I need to take it to Apple to get a full update?

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 12:42 PM

Read How to upgrade to macOS Catalina and follow all its steps, including this passage under Learn More:

• For the strongest security and latest features, upgrade to macOS Catalina. If you have hardware or software that isn't compatible with Catalina, you might be able to install an earlier macOS, such as MojaveHigh SierraSierra, or El Capitan.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 12:42 PM in response to lvmommy2k

Read How to upgrade to macOS Catalina and follow all its steps, including this passage under Learn More:

• For the strongest security and latest features, upgrade to macOS Catalina. If you have hardware or software that isn't compatible with Catalina, you might be able to install an earlier macOS, such as MojaveHigh SierraSierra, or El Capitan.

How to update really outdated mac software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.