Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"there is no connected camera"

The camera on my MacBook Air has shown "no connected camera" ever since I got it. I have tried everything on the internet but its still the same. I contacted apple support today and I was told to update my laptop to the newest version (macOS Catalina) and I did but the camera still doesn't work. Does anyone have a solution for this?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 7:21 PM

Is it possible that you have Screen Time restrictions set to NOT ALLOW the camera?

Open System Preferences ➔ Screen Time ➔ Content & Privacy ➔ Apps ➔ Camera. Ensure that Camera is set to ALLOW.

If the above does not solve it then have your MacBook Air examined when the Apple Stores or authorized repair centers open back up again.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 7:21 PM in response to Reembiebsxx

Is it possible that you have Screen Time restrictions set to NOT ALLOW the camera?

Open System Preferences ➔ Screen Time ➔ Content & Privacy ➔ Apps ➔ Camera. Ensure that Camera is set to ALLOW.

If the above does not solve it then have your MacBook Air examined when the Apple Stores or authorized repair centers open back up again.

Axel F.

"there is no connected camera"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.