Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix purchase problem

I afraid that someone use my apple id to purchase Netflix premium from the appstore.

of its done from my account i need to cancel it urgently! I need to know who use my apple id. Which device and which country.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:27 AM

You are welcome. If you have already changed your password, that should be enough.

If you want more security, you can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account. If necessary, you can do a name change on your Apple ID.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 7:27 AM in response to ShykunKate

You are welcome. If you have already changed your password, that should be enough.

If you want more security, you can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account. If necessary, you can do a name change on your Apple ID.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Apr 24, 2020 6:15 AM in response to ShykunKate

The appears to be a scam/phishing notice.

Has your credit card been charged? Are you sure the message is legitimate? Does it contain a link for you to sign in somewhere? It may be a scam. Check your purchases history.

Purchase History Review.  

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address.  The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple emails won't have poor grammar/misspellings. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information by email such as Social Security numbers, your Mother’s maiden name or full credit card numbers . 

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams.   

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store.     

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. Or control - click on the email and select Forward as attachment. Make sure you send it as an attachment to a new email. If you just forward it, it will probably be rejected. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Apr 24, 2020 6:32 AM in response to Eric Root

Yes I understand! Thank you so much!

just one question more! In this screenshot you can see the blue line “Cancel and Manage purchase” i press before on this line and its take me to page look the same like apple . Its asked me to write apple id and password and i did id... in next step its asked me about card details... and I don’t write coz i get afraid that its can be fake and write to apple support.

so what I should do now? I already change the password . I need to do anything else?

Netflix purchase problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.