Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud vs Verizon Cloud

I have iCloud on my iPhone 7. I also had Verizon Cloud, but I just remembered I received a letter a while back saying that Verizon Cloud is ending April 23, 2020 (yesterday) for photo and media content. Does iCloud cover me for that? Note that I only have a vague understanding of what these clouds are or what to do if I needed them.

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 11:05 AM

Does iCloud cover me for that? Note that I only have a vague understanding of what these clouds are or what to do if I needed them.

Not automagically.

You would have to ensure you have iCloud set up for your photos. Verizon is not going to tell Apple what you want.

See >> https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204264

3 replies

Apr 24, 2020 11:21 AM in response to LACAllen

Thank you, LACAllen. Great information. It looks like my iPhone 7 was all set up properly and likely always has been. I pay a nominal monthly fee for iCloud. I will go to iCloud.com to see if all my stuff is there. So it seems that I do not need Verizon Cloud. I will also check out some of the other links from the website you sent me.

Thank you again,

Steve

iCloud vs Verizon Cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.