Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Buffering

Sorry if this has been asked before. I can't dream content I've bought via iTunes. However, I able to stream Netflix, Amazon, Disney+ And all others services. Why is it just Apples content I'm having trouble with and how canni solve it.

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 2:21 PM

Those other services adapt to the connection whereas iTunes is fixed rate and also streams at a higher quality. It will also need to load a portion before playback begins, the time it takes is dependent on the connection.

Check speedtest to see the current internet connection

Make sure DNS is set to auto (settings - network)

If on wifi try ethernet

To see a current status of the network get a report from istumbler, netstumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 2:21 PM in response to Jimmymck

Those other services adapt to the connection whereas iTunes is fixed rate and also streams at a higher quality. It will also need to load a portion before playback begins, the time it takes is dependent on the connection.

Check speedtest to see the current internet connection

Make sure DNS is set to auto (settings - network)

If on wifi try ethernet

To see a current status of the network get a report from istumbler, netstumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks

Apple TV Buffering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.