Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crashes in FCPX when hitting export.

Everytime I try to export a master file, Final Cut Pro crashes instantly, as soon as I click on that export button, the application is gone and shortly afterwards a report appears showing these lines amongst many, many others.

Application Specific Information:

Invalid parameter not satisfying: index < [_itemArray count]

-[NSMenu itemAtIndex:], /AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppKit/AppKit-1894.40.150/Menus.subproj/NSMenu.m:982

abort() called

For further information:

• I can confirm that the problem is not located in the file, or the library, I have tried to export different files from different libraries, the problem persists.
  • I can confirm that deleting preferences doesn't work, I have tried, the problem persists.
  • I have tried deleting all files from the QuickTime Library, the problem persists.
  • My operating system is up to date as of today: macOS Catalina 10.15.4
  • Exporting through youtube does not lead to a crash, but the an error notification appears and the process fails.
  • Trying to modify the destination preferences (which by default are set to the Desktop) of the Master file export leads to the exact same crash and report. Maybe the problem is the destination?

Thank you very much for your help

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 1:42 AM

Here is the report:

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 25, 2020 2:26 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hello Tom,

I have two înteresting things to reply.

Firstly, trying to export from a different library and file does not fix the problem in the slightest, nor does resetting preferences. However, when exporting from a new admin user, the master file export works normally, with an important exception. I usually export in .mp4 format, for this I go to masterfile settings > format > computer.

As soon as I customized these settings on the new user, the problem reappeared as before. It is interesting to note that I cannot even revert these settings as trying to access them through the application preferences leads to the same instant crash.

Secondly, I have downloaded EtreCheck, given it full access and it had this to say concerning FCP:

Diagnostics Information (past 7-30 days):

2020-04-25 01:16:27 Final Cut Pro.app - Crash (19 times)

Executable: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app

Details: 

Invalid parameter not satisfying: index < [_itemArray count]

-[NSMenu itemAtIndex:], /AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.ap

ple.xbs/Sources/AppKit/AppKit-1894.40.150/Menus.subproj/NSMenu.m:982

abort() called

I read the rest of the app crash section, but it does not refer to FCP.

Best,

Louis

Crashes in FCPX when hitting export.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.