Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes

My Notes were eliminated from my iPhone X during an OS upgrade with my iPhone. However, they are in my AOL Mail listing under Notes on my Mac desktop. How do I move the Notes from my AOL Mail listing to my iPhone Note folder?

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 4:00 PM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2020 3:27 PM in response to bp243

bp243,

Notes cannot be renamed as it a placeholder that shows all your notes. However, you can rename the New Folder since it's a custom folder.

1. Open Notes.
  2. Be sure you're in the 'Folders' section where you are seeing the folders then tap 'Edit' in the upper-right corner.
  3. The ones you can rename will have an icon that looks like a circle and 3 dots. Tap on that to rename them.

This link will also provide more details: Search and organize your notes in folders on iPhone

Take care.

Apr 29, 2020 9:54 AM in response to bp243

bp243,

That is completely up to you how you would like to save your notes. One will save specifically to those accounts while the other saves locally. It depends on what fits your needs.

You might find this information helpful about using Notes with iCloud: Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you need anything further, you can also reach out to Apple Support directly: Contact Apple Support

Cheers.

Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.