Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos.app and iCloud dimension after 'trimming'

Hello, my question is about the dimension of a video both in library and iCloud after a severe trim.

I have bunch of videos captured with very few topic moment that I want to isolate.

Let's imagine an animal photo trap, 10 hours of footage for 4 minutes of actual video of mama fox hunting in the night :).

I had them on an external drive, now fully stored in my photos library. All of them are now uploaded on iCloud (2TB subscription). I'm extremely confortable in editing with my iPad pro 13' so I'm wondering: I've trimmed beginning and ending a LOT, clicked 'done' and get ok with that. I've seen as well the button 'revert to original', meaning the extra-useless stuff are not went away.

Are these extra part trimmed of the video using the space on my iCloud and local library ? Any chance to remove this?

Hope everything is clear, thanks for your help.

Simone

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 7:17 AM

This is new in iPadOS 13.3 and later: If you save a video as a new clip, you can no longer revert it to the original and you will save storage: Edit photos and videos on iPad - Apple Support

1. In Photos, open the video and tap Edit.
  2. Drag either end of the frame viewer, then tap Done.
  3. Tap Save Video to save only the trimmed video, or tap Save Video as New Clip to save both versions of the video (iPadOS 13.3 or later).

To undo the trim after you save, tap Edit, then tap Revert.

Note: A video saved as a new clip can’t be reverted to the original.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 7:17 AM in response to maidirepelle

This is new in iPadOS 13.3 and later: If you save a video as a new clip, you can no longer revert it to the original and you will save storage: Edit photos and videos on iPad - Apple Support

1. In Photos, open the video and tap Edit.
  2. Drag either end of the frame viewer, then tap Done.
  3. Tap Save Video to save only the trimmed video, or tap Save Video as New Clip to save both versions of the video (iPadOS 13.3 or later).

To undo the trim after you save, tap Edit, then tap Revert.

Note: A video saved as a new clip can’t be reverted to the original.

Photos.app and iCloud dimension after 'trimming'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.