Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp continue button not working, help for win upgrade

Hi all,

after hours of web search I'm here trying to find a solution for a windows upgrade via Boot Camp Assistant (or an alternative)

I need to upgrade my boot camp partition from win 8.1 to win 10 on my MBPro 2015 running Mojave 10.14.16. I have installed win 8.1 in High Sierra two years ago with no issue.

I already have the latest win 10 .ISO (Win10_1909_Italian_x64.iso) downloaded on my desktop, and when in Boot Camp Assistant I clic on "Continue" button noting happen. No message, no alerts, nothing.

Apple support page for Boot Camp say to update to latest MacOS version but I need to stay with Mojave and don't want to update to Catalina.

Someone can help me? Any suggestion will be much appreciated

Thanks,

andre

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 7:12 AM

You need to run an in-place upgrade to W10. Download the W10 ISO on your Desktop, when booted in Windows (W8.1 - not macOS). Once the ISO has been downloaded, mount it and run setup.exe. If you use MCT, put all the downloaded files in one folder, from which you run setup.exe.

You do not need BC Assistant, unless you want to remove W8.1 and clean install W10. I do not recommend a clean installation, due to all the known issues.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 7:12 AM in response to dedeandre

You need to run an in-place upgrade to W10. Download the W10 ISO on your Desktop, when booted in Windows (W8.1 - not macOS). Once the ISO has been downloaded, mount it and run setup.exe. If you use MCT, put all the downloaded files in one folder, from which you run setup.exe.

You do not need BC Assistant, unless you want to remove W8.1 and clean install W10. I do not recommend a clean installation, due to all the known issues.

Boot Camp continue button not working, help for win upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.