Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud storage plans

I've purchased a 2T storage plan and backed up my phone but my phone says the storage on my phone is full.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 5:11 AM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2020 6:37 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi

thank you so much for your reply.

I understand that deleting data from my phone (e.g. photos or videos) also deletes it from my iCloud). I’m currently downloading everything from my cloud to my laptop.

Unfortunately I thought that purchasing 2T of storage from Apple would enable me to store everything indefinitely from my phone to my cloud account (so long as I paid £6 per month. Evidently that’s not the case. My mistake :)

thank you for your reply :)

Apr 25, 2020 6:40 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I realised that the device storage remained the same - my mistake was thinking that by paying £6 per month for iCloud storage - I could delete data from my phone and that it would remain in the cloud so long as I continued to pay the subscription... my own mistake. Deleting from the device also deletes from the 2T storage I’m paying for monthly. I’m about to download everything from the cloud that I need to keep.

Thank you very much for your reply - I misunderstood what the extra storage purchase was able to do

cheers :)

Icloud storage plans

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.