Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking

I try to block someone from sending me text messaging and I cannot do it why

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 5:48 AM

Block a phone number, contact, or email

There are a few ways that you can block phone numbers, contacts, and emails.

Phone

• If you're in the Phone app under Recents, tap  next to the phone number or contact that you want to block. Scroll to the bottom of your screen, then tap Block this Caller.

FaceTime

• If you're in the FaceTime app, tap  next to the phone number, contact, or email address that you want to block. Scroll to the bottom of your screen, then tap Block this Caller.

• If you're in Messages, open the conversation, tap the contact at the top of the conversation, then tap . Tap the name, phone number or email address, scroll to the bottom of the screen, then tap Block this Caller.

Mail

• If you're in the Mail app, open the email that has the contact that you want to block, then tap the contact at the top. Tap Block this Contact.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 5:48 AM in response to Abc123def456ghi

Block a phone number, contact, or email

There are a few ways that you can block phone numbers, contacts, and emails.

Phone

• If you're in the Phone app under Recents, tap  next to the phone number or contact that you want to block. Scroll to the bottom of your screen, then tap Block this Caller.

FaceTime

• If you're in the FaceTime app, tap  next to the phone number, contact, or email address that you want to block. Scroll to the bottom of your screen, then tap Block this Caller.

• If you're in Messages, open the conversation, tap the contact at the top of the conversation, then tap . Tap the name, phone number or email address, scroll to the bottom of the screen, then tap Block this Caller.

Mail

• If you're in the Mail app, open the email that has the contact that you want to block, then tap the contact at the top. Tap Block this Contact.

Blocking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.