Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move to iOS not working

I'm trying to use the transfer from android function when setting up my new iPhone SE (2020). I've downloaded the move to iOS app from the play store onto my Moto G3, but whenever I put in the 6 digit code, it says 'could not communicate with device'.

I've moved my SIM card over to the iPhone (it wasn't working when it was still in my android phone), and I've tried rebooting both phones. My android phone is running OS 6.01. I've noticed that when I put the code in the wifi seems to drop out on both phones. I have seen a suggested fix which requires you to turn off the feature that switches from wifi to cellular data, but I don't seem to have this on my phone.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

iPhone SE

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 6:18 AM

4 replies

Apr 25, 2020 6:23 AM in response to iClone

iClone wrote:

to turn off the feature that switches from wifi to cellular data, but I don't seem to have this on my phone.

I am not sure what is meaning of the above statement.

• On your Android device, turn off apps or settings that might affect your Wi-Fi connection, like the Sprint Connections Optimizer or the Smart Network Switch. Then find Wi-Fi in Settings, touch and hold each known network, and forget the network. Then try the transfer again.
  • Restart both of your devices and try again.
  • On your Android device, turn off your cellular data connection. Then try the transfer again.

Apr 25, 2020 6:43 AM in response to SravanKrA

Sorry, what I meant was exactly what you've said about smart connections optmizer / smart network switch. As far as I can tell, my phone doesn't have the ability to turn these off. Either way, I've removed the SIM card from the android phone, so there is no cellular capability.

When I initiate the transfer by putting the code in, wifi drops out on both devices, and then after ~30 seconds, it goes back to the code input screen, and says 'could not communicate with device'

Move to iOS not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.