Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reporting iMessage as Junk

Hello. I understand that accidentally reporting legitimate iMessages as junk does not block the sender's future messages. What I would like to understand is what actually does happen to those numbers and messages? What happens if there is potentially sensitive information or personal information in the messages that were reported? Have I inadvertently given Apple sensitive information that could be used for anything else (advertisement, targeting specific people, etc)? Or is the information protected from being shared for any other purposes? Thanks.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 10:06 AM

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

What happens➡︎ Messages will forward the sender's information and the message to Apple, as well as delete the message from your device. You can't undo deleting a message.

iMessage and FaceTime & Privacy - Apple Support

Apple would not do this... (advertisement, targeting specific people, etc)? as you asked above..

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 10:06 AM in response to Panda0

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

What happens➡︎ Messages will forward the sender's information and the message to Apple, as well as delete the message from your device. You can't undo deleting a message.

iMessage and FaceTime & Privacy - Apple Support

Apple would not do this... (advertisement, targeting specific people, etc)? as you asked above..

Reporting iMessage as Junk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.