Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound Issue, airpods not responding.

Recently I’ve been struggling to connect my air pods to my iPhone (being the XR). Once I open my air pods they do not make the connecting sound, it shows up as connect to Bluetooth but I test to see if it would play a video. It did not, but played sound through the phones built in mic. They are generation 2 airpods.

I did the open and closed thing with my case a couple of times it didn’t work. Even forgotten the device and re-connected it, it will not work. I didn’t want to call apple because Idk if it falls under damaged. I had gotten them in march/february, for some reason they are not working now (its april). Can I get some help?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 2:07 PM

7 replies

Apr 25, 2020 7:46 PM in response to uogurt_milk

I have first generation Air Pods and iPhone 11RX. The Pods do not show on my iPhone. They quit working last night, I read the directions and ended up resetting them. They worked fine for about an hour, then went dead again. I bought them February 2nd, and they were way too expensive to be failing this fast. Today is April 25th. Maybe they are made to only last a certain number of hours or days or whatever? i have been using them about 4-5 hours a day, sorely miss them now. Please advise how to keep them connected more than an hour at a time.

Apr 25, 2020 8:04 PM in response to uogurt_milk

The literature says a charge lasts about 5 hours, but fully charged, mine only lasted an hour.   will try again later.  have you ever heard of Blue Tooth being unavaIthttps://www.ruthfullyyours.com/2020/04/12/the-figh

I've never had Blue Tooth be unavilable before. i don't understand the technology so can't begin to think WHY it would turn off, except for keyboard and mouse which are still on.

Sound Issue, airpods not responding.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.