Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need sturdy case for refurbished 9.7 iPad. Model MC979LL/A. I see OTTER for "pro". Do I have Pro? OTTER Best?

I need sturdy case for refurbished 9.7 iPad. Model MC979LL/A. I see OTTER for "pro". Do I have Pro? OTTER Best?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 8:40 AM

Thanks very much for these two very Helpful replies. Very useful for future. So far this "iPad 2 with 9.7 inch screen" is proving useful for the modest usages I have, that haven't involved new or updated apps, and Insha'allah I will get use consistent with what I paid a year ago. I may eschew getting a case and take a chance that (per the quote in "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel") -- IF SHE DIES, SHE DIES....

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 8:40 AM in response to MichelPM

Thanks very much for these two very Helpful replies. Very useful for future. So far this "iPad 2 with 9.7 inch screen" is proving useful for the modest usages I have, that haven't involved new or updated apps, and Insha'allah I will get use consistent with what I paid a year ago. I may eschew getting a case and take a chance that (per the quote in "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel") -- IF SHE DIES, SHE DIES....

Apr 26, 2020 12:18 AM in response to palmerpsy

The model number you posted is for a 9-year old, 2011 iPad 2nd generation.

If you just purchased this refurbished, you need to know that you will no longer find any older apps for that old an aniPad, any longer, for initial download/install, from the Apple iOS App Store app.

We have NO clue where this was purchased and for how much, but this iPad 2 is now very much obsolete now, as a new device.

I would contact the seller you purchased this iPad from, pack that iPad back up, return it, and get your money back and purchase a much newer iPad.

Something much newer, like a 1st or 2nd gen iPad Air, iPad Mini 2,3 or 4, an iPad 9.7, 5th or 6th generation or even the newest 2019. 7th gen, ,10.2 inch iPad as these can be found for pricing below Apple's own OEM pricing from their Website.

These old iPad 2, 3, 4 and 1st gen iPad Mini models are nearing 8 and 9-years old, now.

As of the beginning of 2019, many, MANY third party app developers are all more quickly and completely permanently dropping older app support for all old 7, 8 and 9-year iPads that are running 2-3 year old and earlier iOS versions ( iOS 10 and earlier ).

Third party app developers are removing all of their older, legacy versions of their apps from Apple's App Store servers, now.

Third party app developers no longer want to support these 8 and 9-year old or older iOS devices, any longer!

Older versions of apps are, soon, going to be gone for good, now!

Getting older versions of apps for these old iPad models, initially from Apple’s iOS App Store is getting very difficult and very problematic and this issue is getting, painfully, much worse in 2020, now!

These old iPads are now reaching their complete end of life and support.

So finding older versions apps for older iPads, while still possible, currently, will be a tough challenge, now, in 2020.

Old iPads that can no longer be upgraded/updated will have NO MORE APPS AVAILABLE for initial download, at all, soon, from the Apple iOS App Store, for such old iOS devices in the very near future.

Older versions of apps for these older iPads will be completely gone, at some point, in the very foreseeable future.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.