Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my Friends

how do you change the device that shares location in find my friends. I went to the Me tab and under My location it says this device. However I cannot change it as i cannot press it. I know before I could change the device that shared the location for find my friends.

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 5:51 PM

You can only change the shared location directly from the device you want to use as the location.

If you are currently sharing from an iPhone, and want to share from an iPad, then you need to physically have the ipad with you and turn on the “Share location” switch on the Me tab on the iPad.

You can no longer fake your location, by changing it remotely from another device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 5:51 PM in response to erA1n

You can only change the shared location directly from the device you want to use as the location.

If you are currently sharing from an iPhone, and want to share from an iPad, then you need to physically have the ipad with you and turn on the “Share location” switch on the Me tab on the iPad.

You can no longer fake your location, by changing it remotely from another device.

Find my Friends

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.