Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP iCloud music has messed up my library!

Ok so the best thing out of all this is that I have my songs backed up!

I reformatted my Mac to start on a clean slate! I obviously deauthorised, signed out of everything etc. The on new fresh OS sign in, simply place songs back in the folder, click Music (formerly iTunes) and sign in and everything is there, playlists etc.

However it has not been so simple as the combination of my songs and iCloud music has completely destroyed my library. I tried deleting all music in cloud turn off iCloud music on all devices and just rue-load again, it didn't take long before. 26GB worth. My internet connection is 500mb up/down

I called Apple support, the first 4/5 times the call disconnected. I was passed to 2 senior technicians and neither could fix even with screen share. They've never seen such a mess. When opening iTunes my library was there but the min I signed in then ticked sync library its made my recent Apple much disappear even though I have the files.

I've waited more than 24 hours for songs to upload and all it has done it duplicate songs and not upload the ones I have again. It duplicate playlists, some playlists have lost the music within them (I can export this using the backup library in offline mode).

Utter shambles, I want to cry. I just want to completely delete the music in the cloud and re-upload. iTunes was so much better you can save the "iTunes Music Library.xml" file and iTunes would recognise that and everything is as it was. With Music you don't get an .xml file even though u can export it, the Music app now uses "Music Library.musiclibrary". Also going from iTunes to Music has created havoc with the folder structure. All my music is in iTunes Media Folder and any new Music from Apple is under Music>Media folder.

I just want to fix my library as it was, re-upload to cloud or match. Instead Apple Music duplicate the songs instead of matching and asks to download when I have the file. I tired leaving it to sync but all its done is doubled my music from 26GB to 45GB just loads of duplicates and I'm not deleting the files I have.

Once this is fixed and upload I want to consolidate my library into one folder cause this part of the reason for the mess.

If anyone knows how to completely remove everything from cloud and start again id be grateful. Ive lost my most recent songs from Apple Music but that's fine as it wasn't much and have screen shots.

As it was taking too long and my MacBook Pro was just burning up I've delete it the files (I have my backup). Please help me blank iCloud and just start again.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 7:42 PM

Just want to update everyone on this, I have fixed the issue.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you have a backup otherwise this fix won't work.

Similar questions

1 reply

HELP iCloud music has messed up my library!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.