Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad reset

My mom passed away a while ago. I have tried to figure out her Apple ID & password but to no avail. Can't unlock it. I have her death certificate but not the original purchase receipt (2011). It was a gift. Would Apple allow me to trade it in?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 8:15 AM

My condolences on your loss

This is apple’s official policy on accessing the contents of a loved one

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

That said, I know that’s not exactly what you are wanting to do however it may give you somewhere to start in getting access to the device to wipe it for trade in, or to sell yourself to a third party (You can often get more from selling the device yourself than to a reseller)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2020 8:15 AM in response to christafrombelton

My condolences on your loss

This is apple’s official policy on accessing the contents of a loved one

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

That said, I know that’s not exactly what you are wanting to do however it may give you somewhere to start in getting access to the device to wipe it for trade in, or to sell yourself to a third party (You can often get more from selling the device yourself than to a reseller)

IPad reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.