Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked watch

I was going to give my Apple Watch to my sister so I unpaired it from my phone. When I turned on my watch, it said device locked, unlock iPhone to start using Apple Watch. I can’t do that anymore though because they aren’t paired. I saw somewhere to hold down on the power off and it would give me an option to erase all content and settings. I tried that several times but it just goes back to the same locked screen. Any advise?

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 4:11 PM

See the last paragraph in the "Before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch" section of:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

or the "Erase your Apple Watch" section in:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

or the "How to reset the password on your Apple Watch" section in:

Reset the passcode on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2020 4:11 PM in response to Vanessa_mo

See the last paragraph in the "Before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch" section of:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

or the "Erase your Apple Watch" section in:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

or the "How to reset the password on your Apple Watch" section in:

Reset the passcode on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Locked watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.