Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS turns pink/purple

Hello,

I have an issue with my iPhone XS that started a few days ago. My phone is turning pink and the screen is getting blury. There are also some weird stains on te screen. Could someone help me out.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 2:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 5:02 PM

Hey there abdel162,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re experiencing some issues with your iPhone display. I’ll be happy to help.

From the image you sent, it looks like this could possibly be hardware but just to be sure there are a few steps you can take. First, make a current backup of your iPhone so no data gets lost:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once you’ve done that, go to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Color Filters and see if this feature or Color Tint is enabled. If is it, turn it off and see if this helps.

You can also check if adjusting Dark Mode, True Tone, or Night Shift has any impact on this:

Adjust the screen brightness and color on iPhone

If this doesn’t help, restore your iPhone to factory settings using the steps in this link:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

This will also remove your Wi-Fi and other connections and you’ll have to join those again. See if the issue returns in the factory state. If so, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support at the following link to look further into this with you:

Get Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 5:02 PM in response to abdel162

Hey there abdel162,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re experiencing some issues with your iPhone display. I’ll be happy to help.

From the image you sent, it looks like this could possibly be hardware but just to be sure there are a few steps you can take. First, make a current backup of your iPhone so no data gets lost:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once you’ve done that, go to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size > Color Filters and see if this feature or Color Tint is enabled. If is it, turn it off and see if this helps.

You can also check if adjusting Dark Mode, True Tone, or Night Shift has any impact on this:

Adjust the screen brightness and color on iPhone

If this doesn’t help, restore your iPhone to factory settings using the steps in this link:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

This will also remove your Wi-Fi and other connections and you’ll have to join those again. See if the issue returns in the factory state. If so, you’ll want to reach out to Apple Support at the following link to look further into this with you:

Get Support

Take care.

iPhone XS turns pink/purple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.