Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scroll doesn't work in safari on some pages

On some webpages, I cannot scroll down. The only thing I can see is as much of the page as fits in the window. If I make the window smaller, or zoom out via CMD -, the part of the page that can be seen in the window changes but I still can't scroll past what's in the window. Basically the page doesn't scroll.

Here is the latest webpage I've had the problem with:

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xfalten+schreibmaschine.TRS0&_nkw=falten+schreibmaschine&_sacat=0

I searched on here for someone having the same issue and I only found one from 14 years ago. No one responded so no luck there. I am running Mojave on a Macbook Air 2012.

Thank you.

Noah

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 12:59 PM

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 12:59 PM in response to noahwg

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

scroll doesn't work in safari on some pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.