Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black line on bottom of screen

I am using mac book pro with touch bar 2017 model. All of sudden there is translucent black line appearing at the bottom of the screen. It starts to appear after continuous use of one hour and then when i keep the laptop without use for 2 hours the line vanishes. It has been increasing in size lately. I am not able to understand what could be the problem and what is the solution. I have never dropped the laptop or damaged it in anyway. All is fine but the line has suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

What is the reason for this and what can i do?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 11:59 AM

I also got this problem after I used my 2017 Macbook Pro about 2 years, and there are many people, who also have this problem.

It seems that it happens usually on the model from 2016 to 2018 after about 2 years of use.

4 replies

Apr 29, 2020 7:32 AM in response to MACBook2017-blackLine

Hello MACBook2017-blackLine,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you're seeing a black line at the book of your Mac and it keeps growing in size. I am happy to help you.

Let's try an SMC reset. 

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

You may also want to try an NVRAM reset. 

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If you're still experiencing the issue after performing the above tasks, then let's try Safe Mode. 

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Have a great day!

Apr 29, 2020 1:51 PM in response to dawngreg08

Hi there,

I tried all the 3 options mentioned by you... but were of no use. the problem still is there and in this situation of corona i dont even know what to do or how to resolve the problem. None of the apple stores are open. i would need online assistance to fix this problem...

I am open to suggestion or methods that you may feel would work resolving this problem.

Thanks,

Black line on bottom of screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.