Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to send audio from Ipad or iphone to Imac wirelessly?

very simple question.

I can send documents (like attachments) from the ipad (os 12.4.1) or iphone (os 13.3.1) to the imac (osX 10.4.6) via airdrop.

How do I send audio from any app (music app) on the portable devices to the imac on the desk?

Airplay does not appear as an option on the ipad nor the iphone.

Thanks.

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 7:59 AM

Greetings Agosto Mortal,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like you want to sync content from the iPad to the Mac over Wi-Fi. I would recommend you use this article for more information.

Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 7:59 AM in response to Agosto Mortal

Greetings Agosto Mortal,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It seems like you want to sync content from the iPad to the Mac over Wi-Fi. I would recommend you use this article for more information.

Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Take care.

Apr 29, 2020 1:17 PM in response to Agosto Mortal

Hey Agosto Mortal,

Thanks for the update. Just to verify, you want to be within the Music app on the iOS device and put a specific song onto the iMac desktop wirelessly? You can also share the individual song within the Music app using AirDrop to the iMac.

"Learn about other ways you can share files between your Mac and your devices. These features work wirelessly.

iCloud Drive lets you securely access all of your documents from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. No matter which device you're using, you'll always have the most up-to-date documents when and where you need them.

With Handoff, you can start a document, email, or message on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. Handoff works with Apple apps such as Mail, Safari, Maps, Messages, Reminders, Calendar, Contacts, Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. It also works with some third-party apps. 

AirDrop lets you instantly share your photos, videos, documents, and more with other Apple devices that are nearby."

Use the Finder to share files between your Mac and your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

Have a good one.

Apr 29, 2020 11:19 AM in response to chris_g1

NO, I don't want to SYNC content, I want to (just like I posted above and here again):

send audio from any app (music app) on the portable devices to the imac on the desk?

Airplay does not appear as an option on the ipad nor the iphone.

I did follow your link to sync and I did all the steps succesfully and I am still not able to send audio from the ipad or iphone to the imac which I find frankly ridiculous. So were is the integration? I can send audio via bluetooth to any speaker..and not an imac made by apple?

May 15, 2020 3:09 PM in response to MoonJ.

HI MoonJ, thanks for your reply,

"Just to verify, you want to be within the Music app on the iOS device (YES) and put a specific song onto the iMac desktop wirelessly (NO! its not a song or file, its loops or midi data, this makes a whole difference)? You can also share the individual song within the Music app using AirDrop to the iMac".

"Learn about other ways you can share files between your Mac and your devices. These features work wirelessly ...again NOT A SONG OR FILE...just "audio" in dif. formats played and executed in real time inside the apps and can't be exported as file in any way.

So again I guess there is no way to "Stream" or "share" audio in real time using bluetooth (or any other wireless way) from an ipad or iphone into an iMac.

May 15, 2020 3:13 PM in response to Malcolm J. Rayfield

I will try this, good to know I can use a USB cable into the imac without automatically open itunes! jezz.

anyway, my imac is connected to a professional audio interface (via thunderbolt) that controls the studio monitors, the ipad can not connect to the interface directly so it would of great help to send the audio signal wirelessly to the imac, but apparently it can't be done (at least as far as I know) and its not only a shame but shocking too. I guess I am going to send the audio bluetooth to another device (a simple speaker or amp) that is from another brand and can get the audio in 2 seconds.

How to send audio from Ipad or iphone to Imac wirelessly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.