Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone ant Two iPads i purchased from a police auction and the are iCloud locked. I am now the legal owner of the items. So how can i get them unlocked?

I have an iPhone ant Two iPads i purchased from a police auction and the are iCloud locked. I am now the legal owner of the items. So how can i get them unlocked?

I have been working on this for over a year and and have got NO help from Apple whatsoever.

Any ideas? Please no smart *** remarks. You folks are better than that.

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 3:34 PM

No “smart replies” - I promise.

If the device(s) are Activation Locked and already associated with an AppleID (from a prior activation) that is not your account - then it is not possible to bypass or defeat the lock without the cooperation of the previous owner.

With the benefit of an original sales receipt, bearing the serial number of the device, Apple have been known to assist. Unfortunately, without this documentation, Apple’s polices apparently preclude providing assistance.

Sorry, I appreciate that this isn’t the news that you were hoping to hear. Please don’t shoot the messenger - this is simply an honest answer to your question.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 3:34 PM in response to normanfrommonroe

No “smart replies” - I promise.

If the device(s) are Activation Locked and already associated with an AppleID (from a prior activation) that is not your account - then it is not possible to bypass or defeat the lock without the cooperation of the previous owner.

With the benefit of an original sales receipt, bearing the serial number of the device, Apple have been known to assist. Unfortunately, without this documentation, Apple’s polices apparently preclude providing assistance.

Sorry, I appreciate that this isn’t the news that you were hoping to hear. Please don’t shoot the messenger - this is simply an honest answer to your question.

Apr 27, 2020 6:27 PM in response to normanfrommonroe

We are just users here and we cannot help you.

I strongly believe Apple will NOT be able to help you, either.

Without the aid of the original owners/users of these iOS devices, all if these devices are dead and completely useless to you.

Sorry, this is the reality and the way it is.

Device activation lock cannot be circumvented as these devices have sensitive, personal info and data on them that Activation Lock is designed to forever protect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.