Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my password to my Apple ID and it’s asking for a phone number verification but i no longer have that number

i forgot my password to my apple id and it’s asking for a phone number for verification but i no longer have that number or know what it is ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 2:26 AM

See Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974  Below is an excerpt, but read the whole document. See the bold italics below.

“Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device [see the additional information in the article].” A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 9 and later or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed into using two-factor authentication.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 2:26 AM in response to liberty260

See Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204974  Below is an excerpt, but read the whole document. See the bold italics below.

“Whenever you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device or browser, you'll confirm your identity with your password plus a six-digit verification code. There are a few ways you can get a verification code. You can use the code displayed on your trusted device, get a text or phone call, or generate a code from your trusted device [see the additional information in the article].” A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with iOS 9 and later or a Mac with OS X El Capitan and later that you've already signed into using two-factor authentication.

Apr 28, 2020 10:00 AM in response to liberty260

See if you can get an email option. Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support. See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      

I forgot my password to my Apple ID and it’s asking for a phone number verification but i no longer have that number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.