Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove MJAudioRecorder from my Mac?

Can someone please tell me how I can remove this Audio Device, or provide me with a link to instructions? FYI: I have tried removing it using "Midi", unfortunately it does not allow you to delete it.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 1:26 AM

HI BDAqua, a small update.

I installed Sidify and had exactly the same issue - MJAudioRecorder. (So Sidify records the audio it downloads). I had to dig about via a typo 'MjAduioRecorder' for the complete solution - the one you found plus another file:-

In addition to removing the driver, there's also the LaunchDaemon file that opens it at startup. So:-

• Open /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL folder in finder.
  • Delete the MJRecorderDevice.driver folder.
  • Open  /Library/LaunchDaemons/
  • Delete com.mingjie.mjrecorder.agent.plist 
  • Restart

The plugin file is the main one - the .plist is just a bit of extra housekeeping to reunite orphan and parent as they leave your machine, and maybe save a few milliseconds or so on startup.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 1:26 AM in response to BDAqua

HI BDAqua, a small update.

I installed Sidify and had exactly the same issue - MJAudioRecorder. (So Sidify records the audio it downloads). I had to dig about via a typo 'MjAduioRecorder' for the complete solution - the one you found plus another file:-

In addition to removing the driver, there's also the LaunchDaemon file that opens it at startup. So:-

• Open /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL folder in finder.
  • Delete the MJRecorderDevice.driver folder.
  • Open  /Library/LaunchDaemons/
  • Delete com.mingjie.mjrecorder.agent.plist 
  • Restart

The plugin file is the main one - the .plist is just a bit of extra housekeeping to reunite orphan and parent as they leave your machine, and maybe save a few milliseconds or so on startup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.