Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iPhone 11take 300 DPI photos?

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 2:34 PM

In Preview, it's under Tools > Adjust Size. Note I've unchecked Resample image. Do that first, then change the resolution to 300. Click OK. Save the file.

In Photoshop, it's under Image > Image Size (or press Command+Option+I). Uncheck Resample first, then change the resolution to 300. Click OK. Save the file.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 2:34 PM in response to cbs1614

In Preview, it's under Tools > Adjust Size. Note I've unchecked Resample image. Do that first, then change the resolution to 300. Click OK. Save the file.

In Photoshop, it's under Image > Image Size (or press Command+Option+I). Uncheck Resample first, then change the resolution to 300. Click OK. Save the file.

Apr 29, 2020 2:07 PM in response to cbs1614

Hi cbs1614,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about iPhone 11 and the camera, and I'd like to do what I can to help out.

You can check out the camera specs for the iPhone 11 here: iPhone 11 Tech Specs

You can also compare iPhones on one screen: Compare iPhone models

Keep in mind, DPI is for printers, dots per inch. You'll want to look at MP, megapixels for photos and fps, frames per second for videos.

Take care!

Apr 29, 2020 2:20 PM in response to cbs1614

The resolution is set to whatever the engineers want it to be. But there's nothing to stop you from changing the resolution of your shots afterwards to 300 dpi. Make sure to do that with resampling turned off.

And no offense to Jameson_H, but DPI was used to describe image resolution long before PPI existed. When I worked on the Scitex imaging systems (which were in use a good 8 or 9 years before Photoshop 1.0 existed), everything was in DPI. Same on the competing HeII Chromacom retouching stations. It was still called DPI in the now abandoned Scitex/Creo/Kodak scanning dialogue.

It's all what you get used to, or were told is correct. To me it's all the same with images. Point, pixel, dot. They all mean one image element, as far as I'm concerned. That said, I still always say DPI because that's what it was at the beginning of digital imaging and is the term everyone used. No one related DPI to print. That was mesh or line screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.