Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prompt to “share your WiFi password”. Keeps popping up and I don’t want it to. I don’t want it to. How do I stop this annoyance?

My iPhone repeatedly shows the prompt “share your WiFi password”. I don’t want it to nor did I ask it to. How do I stop this annoyance?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 1:31 PM

This is a feature of the newer iOS and will only work with devices that you are in Contacts with. See this about how it works, and maybe you can work backwards to make sure it doesn't work. There is no way to turn it off. You should only see this if you are near someone that has your Apple ID in their contacts and you are connected to a wi-fi network they are not connected to. How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 1:31 PM in response to C-Bow

This is a feature of the newer iOS and will only work with devices that you are in Contacts with. See this about how it works, and maybe you can work backwards to make sure it doesn't work. There is no way to turn it off. You should only see this if you are near someone that has your Apple ID in their contacts and you are connected to a wi-fi network they are not connected to. How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Prompt to “share your WiFi password”. Keeps popping up and I don’t want it to. I don’t want it to. How do I stop this annoyance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.