You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Resolution In Boot Camp

I have two 4K monitors connected to my 2017 iMac 5K. One is the LG 27UK850 and the other is the LG 43MU79-B. When working in "Mac Mode" I have no issues connecting to either monitor as they both have dedicated USB-C connections to the iMac. When I boot in to boot camp, I get a lot of screen flickering on both displays. Once that stabilizes, the LG 27UK850 displays at the appropriate resolution but the LG 43MU79-B displays at 1080P or worse. I have tried to update the drivers, switch cables, ports, etc. without any improvement. I have found others with similar issues but it would appear that the drivers or the cabling were the issues in that case. Open to ideas if you have them. Thank you!

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 5:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 10:28 AM

Still had the same issue on the fresh download and install. I don't believe it can support dual direct USB-C. I was however able to get it to connect via HDMI. Also, there appears to be a broader issue with my system and boot camp (issues with restarts, etc.). At this point, I'm just giving up since my only goal was to use boot camp for a few games and its just not worth the aggravation. Thank you for the help.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 30, 2020 10:28 AM in response to Loner T

Still had the same issue on the fresh download and install. I don't believe it can support dual direct USB-C. I was however able to get it to connect via HDMI. Also, there appears to be a broader issue with my system and boot camp (issues with restarts, etc.). At this point, I'm just giving up since my only goal was to use boot camp for a few games and its just not worth the aggravation. Thank you for the help.

Display Resolution In Boot Camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.