Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

How to alfabetize People in Photos? If I add new People (face) it doesn't alphabetize, it remain out of order. It should be reorganized in alfa order.

Thanks,

PPatel

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 1:31 PM

The People album is ordered by the date you added that person. The most recently added person will appear at the bottom of that album. There is no way to change this behaviour.

What I am doing is I grab the most recently added people at the bottom of the People album, where they are easy to find and drag them to the alphabetically correct place in the People album.

You may want to send a feature request to Apple to add an automatic sort option for named people to Photos. As it is, it is quite convenient for small Photos Libraries, but rather clumsy for large libraries with many named people. My library has currently 889 named people, and it is very difficult to drag the People albums across many pages of faces.

Here is a feedback form: Feedback - Photos - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 1:31 PM in response to PPatel44

The People album is ordered by the date you added that person. The most recently added person will appear at the bottom of that album. There is no way to change this behaviour.

What I am doing is I grab the most recently added people at the bottom of the People album, where they are easy to find and drag them to the alphabetically correct place in the People album.

You may want to send a feature request to Apple to add an automatic sort option for named people to Photos. As it is, it is quite convenient for small Photos Libraries, but rather clumsy for large libraries with many named people. My library has currently 889 named people, and it is very difficult to drag the People albums across many pages of faces.

Here is a feedback form: Feedback - Photos - Apple

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.