Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web Inspector is not working with iPad - Connects, but no data.

When I connect the iPad and go to the Develop menu, the iPad shows up. (So cable is good - but I've tried alternate cables anyway.) The cable it plugged directly into the Mac, so not a USB hub issue.

When I click one of the web page options under Safari (Develop -> iPad -> (Safari)WebPageName), I get no information from the page.

The web inspector form/structure is there, but there is no code listing. Sources, Console, Audit - all fields are blank.

The only message of any kind related to any page appears at the very bottom (it only sometimes appears with some of the pages) is,

"Audit Warning: "data-custom" is too new to run on this inspected page".

But even when that page is reloaded, the message may or may not appear.

Any insight?

I had this working fine a couple months ago (same computer, same iPad, same cable) - now it's not working at all.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 9:35 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 29, 2020 1:53 PM in response to QuickPost

Nope.

I'm just dabbling with the iPad for projects around the home.

The MacBook is the last I plan to buy - at least until Apple stops making non-user-friendly, non-upgradeable laptops.

I've owned more than 30 Macs and would like to upgrade - but can't justify not having any control over my own computer.

I can still upgrade my own RAM, swap out a drive... none of which is possible with the newest MacBooks. I can change the battery for $20. With the newer models, the battery is glued in and Apple charges $199. And it gets even worse if you have something minor go wrong on the motherboard. Apples' only "solution" is buy a new motherboard - or a new Mac. So no new Macs for me.

I do have an even older MacBook Pro running a previous OS.

Maybe that's the problem... Maybe Apple decided to try to force more hardware "upgrades" when I "downgraded" to Mojave?

... checking it now...

Yep! That's it!

I'm pretty sure this worked under Mojave earlier. Must have been one of the downdates that removed the capability. Why does Apple do that? Haven't seen anything I need in Mojave - and want to go back to High Sierra. Anyone have any tips on UPgrading from Mojave to High Sierra?

Thank's for the help. Used to be that Apple wouldn't actively seek to force people to abandon their hardware. I can remember a time when an application might be usable for a decade or more. (I once had some software that was 15 years old and still ran). I guess the days of putting the customer first are behind us.

Thanks for your help! It was exactly what I needed.

Web Inspector is not working with iPad - Connects, but no data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.