Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message + won't open on my MacBook Pro

I've been using Message+ successfully forever to text with my Verizon account on my MacBook Pro, but now tthe app won't open on my MacBook_just a grey window with no content. I've trashed the app and reinstalled but same thing. Won't open. All I see is a grey window. Any guidance on how to trouble this would be appreciated. Verizon techs are of no help. Supposedly there is no other app other than Message + to text on my laptop with my Verizon account. Please advise. thank you.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 6:49 AM

This was helpful and has led to a useful workaround. I opened the Verizon app on my MacBook Pro and saw that there was a messages interface, so I bookmarked it and now at least I can respnd to messages from my laptop keyboard. But still can't open Message+. Even though I can download Message+ and have the icon in my task bar at the bottom of my screen, when I click on it only a grey window opens. So now I will simply open the bookmarked tab on my bookmark tool bar at the top of my screen to access messages on my laptop. Thanks for the workaround.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 6:49 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

This was helpful and has led to a useful workaround. I opened the Verizon app on my MacBook Pro and saw that there was a messages interface, so I bookmarked it and now at least I can respnd to messages from my laptop keyboard. But still can't open Message+. Even though I can download Message+ and have the icon in my task bar at the bottom of my screen, when I click on it only a grey window opens. So now I will simply open the bookmarked tab on my bookmark tool bar at the top of my screen to access messages on my laptop. Thanks for the workaround.

Apr 29, 2020 3:10 PM in response to thekidmd

thekidmd wrote:

I've been using Message+ successfully forever to text with my Verizon account on my MacBook Pro, but now tthe app won't open on my MacBook_just a grey window with no content. I've trashed the app and reinstalled but same thing. Won't open. All I see is a grey window. Any guidance on how to trouble this would be appreciated. Verizon techs are of no help. Supposedly there is no other app other than Message + to text on my laptop with my Verizon account. Please advise. thank you.

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on ...

Message + won't open on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.