Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Document margin

How do I change a certain page in PAGES with regards to document margin without changing the fist page??? help please

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 1:37 AM

Hi Carmel,

As medwds said, page margins apply to the whole document.

You can change the indents for paragraphs.

• Select the paragraphs;
  • Menu > View > Show rulers;
  • Drag the left and right indents on the ruler, or use Format Panel > Text > Layout > Indents.

Here is a screen shot with the cursor in Page 1 (indents 0)

Here is a screen shot with the cursor in Page 2 after changing the left and right indents of all (selected) paragraphs after Page 1

Regards,

Ian.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 1:37 AM in response to carmelofph

Hi Carmel,

As medwds said, page margins apply to the whole document.

You can change the indents for paragraphs.

• Select the paragraphs;
  • Menu > View > Show rulers;
  • Drag the left and right indents on the ruler, or use Format Panel > Text > Layout > Indents.

Here is a screen shot with the cursor in Page 1 (indents 0)

Here is a screen shot with the cursor in Page 2 after changing the left and right indents of all (selected) paragraphs after Page 1

Regards,

Ian.

Apr 30, 2020 2:27 AM in response to carmelofph

My first thought was to divide the document into sections because in Word or LibreOffice that's how you'd achieve different margins on different pages. But it seems that sections in Pages don't work this way, and instead the margins apply to the entire document. I'd like to be proved wrong, because I love Pages, but until then all I can advise is that you suggest it to Apple as a feature request and in the meantime use another word processor for this task.

Pages Document margin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.