Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging stuck at 80%

My iPhone 11 Pro Max’s battery stuck at 80% while charging, the temperature isn’t that high.(room temp). It annoyed me when I want to go out with fully charged battery. Please help me how to solve this problem. Is it hardware or software issues?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 11:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 2:59 AM

Jayjays7 ~ "With iOS 13 and later, Optimized Battery Charging is designed to reduce the wear on your battery and improve its lifespan by reducing the time your iPhone spends fully charged. When the feature is enabled, your iPhone will delay charging past 80% in certain situations." ...From this Apple Support Article:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

...found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.

õ¿õ¬

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 2:59 AM in response to Jayjays7

Jayjays7 ~ "With iOS 13 and later, Optimized Battery Charging is designed to reduce the wear on your battery and improve its lifespan by reducing the time your iPhone spends fully charged. When the feature is enabled, your iPhone will delay charging past 80% in certain situations." ...From this Apple Support Article:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

...found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.

õ¿õ¬

Jun 13, 2020 4:07 AM in response to harith29

harith29 wrote: "I’m using ip11, the same thing happened, stuck at 80% ,for 50mins... is that okay?"

harith ~ Apple says: "When the feature is enabled, your iPhone will delay charging past 80% in certain situations." [Source] ...Check here to see if Optimized Battery Charging is enabled:

Settings > Battery > Battery Health > Optimized Battery Charging

õ¿õ¬

Charging stuck at 80%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.