Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent Emails appears to be missing at random.

Hi,

Sent emails appear to be missing, even though the recipient did receive. Check and confirmed the following.

>IMAP settings correct.

>Mailbox behaviors Sent Mailbox folder is set to the same on all devices linked to email account.

>Searched email dates knowing that these are ones I've sent and the recipient confirms they received, but I can not find them in any folder (Sent Messages or Sent Items).

>No Rules have been setup.

>WebMail shows the same sent emails as on each device.

Current sent folder shows a list dating oldest April 2nd to current, but have some missing from the 29th. I will confirm on May 1st if they all disappear or not. Can I update to a newer version of Mail.app like 13.0 ?

Also noted this morning when accessing Mail/Accounts it showed no active accounts. Closed reopened and now they reappear.

Mail.app Version 11.5 / macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 / ICSS webmail provider

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 9:23 AM

The version of Mail is dependent on OS version.

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Assuming all your Mail is IMAP & not POP, highlight Inbox, from Mail's Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 9:23 AM in response to BFG223

The version of Mail is dependent on OS version.

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Assuming all your Mail is IMAP & not POP, highlight Inbox, from Mail's Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

Sent Emails appears to be missing at random.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.