Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network issue after new update

when I play games by connecting wifi 2.4gz my game ping is too high. But when I connect 5.0gz it’s play okay. Please solve this issue. I’m facing this problem after the new update.

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 8:31 AM

Which new update are you referring to? 

With the limited information that you have provided, I had to guess the problems faced by you. Some of it can be understood by reading below

Learn and set Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

2.4GHz radio mode

This setting controls which versions of the 802.11n/ac standard the network uses for wireless communication on the 2.4GHz band.

Set to: Auto or 802.11n/ac

Routers that support 802.11 should be configured for 802.11n/ac for maximum speed and compatibility. Different Wi-Fi routers support different radio modes, so the setting varies depending on the router. In general, enable support for all modes. Devices can then automatically select the fastest commonly supported mode to communicate. Choosing a subset of the available modes prevents some devices from connecting. For example, 802.11ac devices can't connect to a Wi-Fi router in 802.11n-only mode. Also, choosing a subset of the available modes might cause interference with nearby legacy networks, and nearby legacy devices might interfere with your network.

5GHz radio mode

This setting controls which versions of the 802.11a/b/g/n standard the network uses for wireless communication on the 5GHz band. Newer standards support faster transfer rates, and older standards provide compatibility with older devices and additional range.

Routers that support 802.11n should be configured for 802.11n/ac mode for maximum speed and compatibility. Different Wi-Fi routers support different radio modes, so the setting varies depending on the router. In general, enable support for all modes. Devices can then automatically select the fastest commonly supported mode to communicate. Choosing a subset of the available modes prevents older devices from connecting. For example, 802.11ac devices can't connect to a Wi-Fi router in 802.11n-only mode. Also, choosing a subset of the available modes might cause interference with nearby legacy networks, and nearby legacy devices might interfere with your network.

Channel

This setting controls which channel your Wi-Fi router uses to communicate.

Set to: Auto

For best performance, choose "Auto" mode and let the Wi-Fi router select the best channel. If this mode isn't supported by your Wi-Fi router, choose a channel that's free from other Wi-Fi routers and other sources of interference. Read about possible sources of interference.

You may get better and prompt responses if you may kindly provide the iPhone Model that you have and the iOS version if it is known to you and re-post.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 8:31 AM in response to arafat8149

Which new update are you referring to? 

With the limited information that you have provided, I had to guess the problems faced by you. Some of it can be understood by reading below

Learn and set Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

2.4GHz radio mode

This setting controls which versions of the 802.11n/ac standard the network uses for wireless communication on the 2.4GHz band.

Routers that support 802.11 should be configured for 802.11n/ac for maximum speed and compatibility. Different Wi-Fi routers support different radio modes, so the setting varies depending on the router. In general, enable support for all modes. Devices can then automatically select the fastest commonly supported mode to communicate. Choosing a subset of the available modes prevents some devices from connecting. For example, 802.11ac devices can't connect to a Wi-Fi router in 802.11n-only mode. Also, choosing a subset of the available modes might cause interference with nearby legacy networks, and nearby legacy devices might interfere with your network.

5GHz radio mode

This setting controls which versions of the 802.11a/b/g/n standard the network uses for wireless communication on the 5GHz band. Newer standards support faster transfer rates, and older standards provide compatibility with older devices and additional range.

Routers that support 802.11n should be configured for 802.11n/ac mode for maximum speed and compatibility. Different Wi-Fi routers support different radio modes, so the setting varies depending on the router. In general, enable support for all modes. Devices can then automatically select the fastest commonly supported mode to communicate. Choosing a subset of the available modes prevents older devices from connecting. For example, 802.11ac devices can't connect to a Wi-Fi router in 802.11n-only mode. Also, choosing a subset of the available modes might cause interference with nearby legacy networks, and nearby legacy devices might interfere with your network.

Channel

This setting controls which channel your Wi-Fi router uses to communicate.

Set to: Auto

For best performance, choose "Auto" mode and let the Wi-Fi router select the best channel. If this mode isn't supported by your Wi-Fi router, choose a channel that's free from other Wi-Fi routers and other sources of interference. Read about possible sources of interference.

You may get better and prompt responses if you may kindly provide the iPhone Model that you have and the iOS version if it is known to you and re-post.

May 1, 2020 11:54 AM in response to WhisperingWempe

I was restarted the router. Then I was reconfigured the router. Then I called internet helpline. They suggested me for change the router. I changed my router. But my problem not solve. Then I connected another device by router. The device give me good service. Then I connected another device. 2nd device again give me good performance. Then I realised that my iPhone xr device have problem. After the new update. Please discuss about this issue with your community. And solve please.

Network issue after new update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.